I hate doing things I can make my computer do for me. My adventures in customizing and automating computers. Primarily with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Coming online!

This being my first post, I will try to give you an idea what to expect.

I have been using computers since about 1988 and programmable calculators (HP 41 and Ti-74) since about 1983. In that time I have worked as a steel detailer (one who creates steel fabrication drawings), a structural designer, an architectural drafter and designer. I have used AutoCAD since release 10 along with Excel and Lotus 123 since 1988. I am fascinated by the ability to make computers work for us. Because of this I have been programming since introduced to the HP 41C calculator in the early 80s. I expect to post my experiences as I continue to program Excel and AutoCAD using VBA, Lisp, and maybe even some dotNet.

No comments: